If you’re a skin product junkie like me, you probably have your favorite moisturizer and cleanser that you use day and night. I’ve collected quite a few of these products over the years and tend to rotate them throughout the week. Most of my skincare products are kept at home, but I do travel with certain ones for trips. Here are 5 ways to continue using your favorite moisturizer when you travel:
1. Use sample size packets – Some skincare companies sell trial size packets that are perfect for traveling. These can easily be packed into your carry-on bag or purse and will last a few days if you only use sparingly morning and night.
2. Transfer into travel size containers – I have seen many travel size containers available at my local drugstore, Target, etc., in various sizes (1oz, 2oz). You can purchase these containers and transfer a small amount of your favorite skincare products into them. You can also purchase travel size bottles online here or here.
3. Purchase travel size versions – Many beauty companies offer travel size versions of their popular products. For example, I purchased the Origins Make A Difference Plus+ Rejuvenating Treatment Lotion (1 oz) sample to take with me on vacation
For some of us, traveling can wreak havoc on our skin. It may be changes in the climate, lack of sleep, or even the in-flight air that can leave our skin dry and dull. Dealing with these changes in our skin tone can be frustrating, especially when it comes to packing your favorite moisturizer.
Here are 5 ways to continue using your favorite moisturizer when you travel:
1. Use a mini-bottle: Buy a small travel-sized bottle and fill it up with your moisturizer. If you use a jar product, take a tiny spoon along to get the cream out of the jar and into the mini-bottle. These bottles are perfect for airplanes too!
2. Take sample packets: Many beauty stores like Sephora give out sample packets when they sell certain beauty products. Some of these samples are large enough for two uses if not more! Ask for extra packets if you need them and fill them up with your moisturizer.
3. Put it in a contact lens case: When you don’t have anything else to put your moisturizer in, use a contact lens case! They are discreet and fit easily into your pocket or purse. Just add a little moisturizer to the case, close the cap
So you have a moisturizer that you love and works for your skin, but you are getting ready to travel. The last thing you want is to be stuck somewhere with dry skin and no way to tame it. Here are 5 ways to continue using your favorite moisturizer when you travel.
The first step is to research the climate of your destination. Is it dry, humid, cold? Pack accordingly by bringing products that will work for the environment.
1.Buy travel sized products: Most cosmetic companies offer travel size products that make it easy for you to just grab and go without having to worry about transferring products into smaller containers. A lot of these companies even sell places where you can buy multiple small travel sized bottles so you can try out different products without having to buy full sized more expensive bottles. This can come in handy if you are switching moisturizers because of the season or environment.
2.Transfer some product into a small container: You can usually find small plastic containers at most drugstores or even larger stores like Target or Walmart that have a beauty section. These containers may even come in kits containing multiple small plastic jars which can be useful if you want to bring along more than one skin care product or if you are sharing a container with someone else. If
When you’re a beauty product junkie, traveling can be a bit of a hassle. After all, who wants to lug around their full-sized moisturizer when they can just grab one of those TSA-approved travel bottles at Target and call it a day? I sure don’t.
That’s why I’m here to share with you five ways to keep using your favorite moisturizer while traveling (and still be within TSA regulations) so you can avoid that dreaded jet-lagged skin.
1. Buy the travel size bottles on Amazon
Did you know that Amazon sells half-ounce bottles for just $0.99? That means you can buy as many as you need and not feel guilty about spending too much money! While most of these are sold in bulk packages, it’s easy to split them up between your family members or friends who travel often. And because they’re clear and leak-proof, they’re perfect for your next flight!
2. Grab some mini tubs from the drugstore
Most drugstores sell mini tubs of either Vaseline or Aquaphor for under $5, but these work great as tiny moisturizers! Since Vaseline is 100% petroleum jelly, it’s great for locking in moisture and healing dry
When I travel, there is something that I can’t live without: my daily moisturizer. Luckily, I’ve found a few tips and tricks to help me use my favorite moisturizer when I am traveling.
1. Make sure it’s TSA-approved.
2. It’s ok to travel with full-size products.
3. Pack it in your carry on bag.
4. Don’t let the air dry you out!
5. Use a small container for longer trips.
1. SAVE A SMALL AMOUNT OF PRODUCT IN A TRAVEL CONTAINER.
To save yourself a lot of trouble, put a little bit of your moisturizer in a travel container. You can buy these containers at any drugstore or home goods store. Travel containers are often sold in sets that include several different sizes, so you can choose one that will fit the amount of product you want to bring with you. You could also put your moisturizer in a small jar or plastic baggie instead of using a specially designed travel container.
2. BUY A TRAVEL SIZE MOISTURIZER WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT YOUR DESTINATION.
If you don’t feel like trying to squeeze your moisturizer into a travel container, another option is to buy a new moisturizer when you arrive at your destination. Many cosmetics stores sell travel-size versions of popular skin products. But there’s not always enough time for shopping when you’re traveling, so if this is your plan, be sure to schedule some time for browsing before you leave on your trip.
3. BRING YOUR REGULAR MOISTURIZER ALONG AND USE IT SPARINGLY.
You can also bring along your regular moisturizer and just
1. Have a skin care product travel bag of your favorite products to take with you on the go! You can bring this on the plane or in your luggage.
2. If you’re on a plane, I recommend using a facial spray to refresh your skin and hydrate it throughout the flight. A little goes a long way, so there’s no need to overdo it.
3. Pack your favorite moisturizer in a plastic container (not a glass container) and store it in one of your bags. It’s recommended that you do not bring any liquid product over 3.4 oz., so be sure to check the amount of moisturizer you have before placing it in your carry-on luggage bag.