Ponytails are a great way to keep your hair off your face and out of the way. They’re also a versatile style that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. But sometimes they can look too casual, especially if you’re trying to create a sleek, sophisticated look. If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to pull your ponytail back into a sleeker, more polished style, then look no further. Below is a step-by-step guide to the perfect sleek ponytail:
1. Start with clean hair. You can use whatever shampoo and conditioner you typically use, but it’s best to shampoo your hair twice and condition only once. This will give you the best results for styling your hair in a smooth, sleek ponytail.
2. Once your hair has been washed and conditioned, apply some sebum (natural oil produced by our bodies) to the crown of your head. Sebum helps seal in moisture so that your hair stays hydrated throughout the day while also protecting against free radicals like UV rays from sunlight or pollution in the air which can damage our strands over time.”
The Best Way to Wear Your Hair in a Sleek Ponytail
Tired of a messy ponytail? These quick steps will guarantee your hair is sleek, smooth and polished.
1. The first step is to make sure your hair is clean and conditioned. If you have extremely oily hair, it’s best to use a dry shampoo on the roots. This will help absorb the excess oil without weighing down your hair. If you have dry hair, try using an oil treatment before washing to add moisture back into your strands.
2. Once you’ve washed and conditioned your hair, let it air dry or blow dry it straight with a round brush. If you have naturally curly or wavy hair, we recommend straightening it before styling it in a ponytail to make sure no frizz or flyaways appear.
3. Use a paddle brush or large comb to detangle the ends of your hair while it dries so no knots form later on.
4. Apply a heat protectant spray over your entire head of hair once it’s completely dry to prevent breakage and damage caused by heat tools used later on.
5. Create a deep side part for more volume at the crown and secure the rest of your hair back
Ponytails are the perfect way to add a touch of class while keeping your hair off your face. The sleek ponytail is one of my favourite looks as it can be dressed up or down, and it suits all face shapes. This look is ideal for work or a night out.
Today I will be showing you how to create the perfect sleek ponytail:
1. Ensure that all the knots have been removed from your hair. To do so use a bristle brush and begin at the back of your head, brushing out the knots until you can reach the top of your head with a smooth brush.
2. With a tail comb part your hair 3 inches above your ears and clip the rest of your hair out of the way for now.
3. Use a soft bristle brush on the section that has been clipped out of the way, creating volume by brushing towards your roots and holding for 5 seconds with each stroke.
4. Apply some hairspray to keep this volume in place (I used Herbal Essences Set Me Up Spray Mousse).
5. Using hair straighteners straighten your hair section by section, starting from underneath and working up towards the top (not using any product on this step)
6. Once all
My hair is naturally straight and thin, so when I wear my hair down it tends to look a bit limp. But the good news is that with a few quick steps, I can create a sleek ponytail that looks like I spent ages on it.
1. Start by using a dry shampoo before you head out for the day. This gives your hair some texture and volume without making it oily.
2. Brush your hair into a ponytail at the top of your head and secure it with an elastic.
3. Pull out a few strands at the front with your fingers to create a more natural-looking style.
4. Wrap a small strand of hair around your elastic to hide it, then use bobby pins to help secure it in place if needed.
5. Using hairspray and a boar bristle brush, gently brush back any flyaways or strands that have escaped the elastic.
6. If your ponytail is looking a bit flat or too smooth, try teasing the underside of your pony just under where you secured it with an elastic to give it some volume and body.
7. At this point, if you want, you can use hairspray again to set the style and make sure everything stays in place all
For the sleekest effect, start with a clean ponytail. If you have time, wash your hair the night before. Otherwise, try using dry shampoo or a volumizing powder on roots to give yourself a little extra lift.
Next, you will want to make sure that your ponytail is as smooth as possible. If you have curly or frizzy hair you can use an oil-based serum to tame any flyaways and help smooth down your hair. If you have straight or fine hair you can use a hairspray to help set the look of the sleek style. Next, grab a small clear elastic and wrap it around your ponytail about 2-3 times for extra security. You can also wrap it around twice if you prefer not to see the elastic. To finish up the style, go ahead and spray on a few coats of hairspray for added hold and shine.
Ponytails are a great go-to style. A classic look that you can wear to work, out at night, or just when your hair looks like a rats nest and you need something quick to do with it.
There are so many different ways to do a ponytail, and they don’t always require the same kind of accessories. In fact, I almost never use an elastic band to do my ponytails. Instead I use a rat tail comb.
Here is how you can get the perfect sleek ponytail:
1) Put some styling wax in your hair and comb your hair back so that it is nice and smooth all over.
2) Take your rat tail comb (or a normal comb if you don’t have one) and pull it through your hair starting at the top of your head and ending where you want the ponytail to be. This will separate some of your hair from the rest.
3) Gently pull up all the loose hairs so they are combined with this separated section, but don’t tug too hard or else you will lose some of the volume on top of your head.
I’d like to speak to you today about a common condition that affects many of us at some point in our lives: oily hair. We’ve all been there, looking in the mirror and wondering why our hair is so shiny and our fringe is sticking to our foreheads. The cause of this is sebum, a naturally occurring substance that is secreted by the scalp.
The good news is that there are ways to deal with sebum so that we don’t have to walk around feeling self-conscious all day long. Read on for 7 tips to help you manage your sebum levels and keep your hair looking fabulous.