Why Does Pigmentation Occur?
Pigmentation, also known as hyperpigmentation, is the darkening of an area of your skin. Hyperpigmentation can occur anywhere on your body and can affect people of all races. It occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin colour, forms deposits in the skin.
While it’s not a major cause for concern, pigmentation can be embarrassing and bothersome for some people. Luckily, it’s easy to treat with a number of home remedies available at any grocery store or corner pharmacy. Here are the top 3 pigmentation home remedies for brighter skin:
Pigmentation is the uneven distribution of melanin, which cause dark spots and patches on your skin. It may also be due to the excessive production of melanin by the skin cells. According to the best skin specialist in Delhi, pigmentation is a very common skin problem. It can happen anywhere on your body; from face to legs and hands. It may be caused due to sun exposure, old age, pregnancy, skin injury or any other underlying medical condition. Pigmentation can be treated with laser treatment for pigmentation but if you want to go natural, here are top 3 home remedies for pigmentation that will help you in getting rid of it naturally.
Lemon Juice: Lemon juice contains citric acid which helps in lightening darker areas of the skin. Vitamin C present in lemon juice acts as a natural bleaching agent and helps in reducing dark spots and signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines. Apply lemon juice directly on your face or mix it with honey and apply on affected areas. Wash it off after 10-15 minutes.
Buttermilk & Cucumber: Buttermilk contains lactic acid which is a great exfoliator whereas cucumber is rich in antioxidants and vitamin K that helps in reducing dark circles. Mix two tablespoons of but
I would like to share with you some tips and tricks to treat pigmentation on your skin.
1. Mix one tablespoon of powdered milk, one teaspoon of honey and one-half teaspoon of lemon juice into a paste. Apply liberally to your face, let sit for 10 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
2. Apply fresh aloe vera gel to the affected areas of your skin each night before bedtime. Wash it off in the morning with a mild cleanser.
3. Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of yogurt and 1 teaspoon of tomato juice together in a bowl. Apply the mixture to your face, leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
Cucumber contains mild bleaching properties that help reduce the appearance of pigmentation. It also helps prevent water retention, which can make your skin look puffy. Additionally, it keeps your skin hydrated and provides a cooling effect.
2. Lemon juice
Lemon juice is rich in citric acid, which is a natural exfoliant. It helps fade dark spots and blemishes by gently removing dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. Plus, it has mild astringent properties that lighten the tone of your skin and keep it oil-free.
3. Aloe vera gel
Aloe vera gel contains two hormones: auxin and gibberellins. These hormones provide wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce skin inflammation. Giberellin in aloe vera acts as a growth hormone stimulating the growth of new cells. It allows the skin to heal quickly and naturally with minimal scarring
1. Sandalwood: It is one of the most effective remedies for skin pigmentation. It helps to remove dead skin cells and provides a soft and glowing skin. You can take sandalwood powder and mix it with rose water or milk to make a paste. Apply it on affected areas and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash off with cold water. Repeat this 2 or 3 times a week.
2. Lemon: It is another useful remedy for pigmentation because of its bleaching properties. It also helps to get rid of dead cells and promotes new skin growth. Cut a lemon in half and rub the open part over your face or other affected areas. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash off with warm water. Do this once daily before going to bed at night until you get the desired results.
3. Aloe Vera: It has soothing, healing, moisturizing and anti-bacterial properties that can help to treat pigmentation effectively. Apply pure aloe vera gel directly on affected areas and massage gently for 5 minutes so that it gets absorbed into your skin completely. Do this 2 or 3 times a day for 1 month to see significant results.
What is pigmentation?
It is the coloration of your skin.
Pigmentation is any discoloration of your skin that makes it darker or lighter than usual. It can occur in small patches or cover larger areas. The discoloration may be temporary or permanent. Pigmented areas of your skin are generally darker than the rest of your skin, but it can also be lighter.
The most common causes for pigmentation are sun exposure and hormonal changes, but medications and some medical treatments such as chemotherapy can also cause pigmentation to change.
In some cases, people have a genetic predisposition to developing this type of skin discoloration.
The best way to get rid of pigmentation on face is to follow a good skincare regime that includes use of sunscreen and moisturizers regularly.
In addition, you need to make some lifestyle changes like quitting smoking and drinking alcohol. Also, avoid stress as much as possible and get plenty of sleep.
If natural remedies don’t help, there are other options such as laser treatment and chemical peels that help you get rid of dark spots on face quickly.
3. Apply a mixture of 1 tablespoon tomato juice and 1 teaspoon lemon juice on your face & neck. Let it dry for 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
Tomato juice and lemon juice are perfect if you want to get rid of pigmentation. Because tomatoes are rich in lycopene which is a powerful antioxidant that helps to fight free radicals and protects the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun. Further, it also helps to inhibit melanin production in the skin, leaving you with smooth and bright skin. While lemon is loaded with vitamin C that shields your skin from free radical damage and helps to reduce age spots, dark spots and hyperpigmentation.